Saturday, September 8, 2018

Sudden Death - demos 1982 + 1983

This Sudden Death were from Winnipeg Canada and existed a few years in the early 1980s. In 1982 they self released the Blood On The Floor demo and their second release was a proper official release on the Crossbones cassette label, also of Winnipeg. The basement demos were most likely recorded on a 4-track recorder but I don't know if it was ever properly distributed. Can anyone help with song titles? I have 12 song titles for the Crossbones tape but don't know which tracks they belong to and I have no song titles for the basement tape. Sound quality is excellent.

Discography: https://www.discogs.com/artist/4622266-Sudden-Death-15


Sudden Death - Blood On The Floor demo (1982):
01. Blood On The Floor
02. Herd Instinct
03. Vote For An Ass
04. Stunted Growth
05. Border Blues
06. Complacency
07. Random Universe
08. Point Of View


Sudden Death - Sudden Death tape (1983):
01. title unknown
02. title unknown
03. title unknown
04. title unknown
05. title unknown
06. title unknown
07. title unknown
08. title unknown
09. title unknown
10. title unknown
11. title unknown
12. title unknown
13. title unknown
14. title unknown


Sudden Death - Basement Demos (1983):
01. title unknown
02. title unknown
03. title unknown
04. title unknown
05. title unknown
06. title unknown
07. title unknown
08. title unknown
09. title unknown

5 comments:

  1. thank you, man! I've heard the 1982 demo in mp3s years ago, then I must have misplaced the files somewhere. it did leave a lasting impression though, so I kept trying to get it back every now and then. I finally succeeded. can't wait to listen to the songs! :)
    Roman

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi guys, My name is Carey Siddorn from Winnipeg Manitoba, Canada. I joined Sudden Death in 1983 and penned most of the songs on the second release. First of all, let me thank you for preserving these songs. I don't own a copy and they are really hard to find as you know. I've searched all over the place for them, but could not find them until this moment. Thanks to a punk rock page on Facebook.After hearing these songs I was between laughing and crying. Laughing at how young I sounded,and crying because the drummer took his own life a few years ago. So it holds a special place in my heart.I'd like to offer up the song titles, so how do I do that? One good turn deserves another.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carey,
      Thanks for your comment and for all the great music. Sorry to hear the sad news about your drummer. You can leave the song titles right here in the comments along with any other info you want to share about the band. One reason I do this blog is to get exposure for those recordings that were only available on cassette. Most of the stuff released on cassette back in the day seems to have gotten lost. There are a few blogs and some YouTube channels digging this stuff out of the mists of time and making them available to all who are interested.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for these demos, they're on youtube but nice to have found them here for download. Excellent stuff, still right up my alley even though I'm getting kind of old now, lol. It's all about the attitude, always has been.

      Hi Carey, interesting to read your comment and also very sad to read about your drummer. These songs are a lasting tribute to him. Cheers thanks again:)

      Delete
  3. - Great post, especially that Blood On The Floor demo. Thanks a lot for sharing...

    ReplyDelete