Thursday, October 5, 2017

Ramones - Showplace, Dover NJ 9-19-76

This show is an audience recording. The band played two shows in 1976 at the Showplace in Dover New Jersey. The first was June 10 and the second was September 19. I'm not sure this show was recorded on either of those dates because Joey introduces I Wanna Be Your Boyfriend as the next single, and California Sun as the b-side of the next single. That suggests, according to the gigography, this show is from CBGB  January 30 or 31, 1976 of February 1, 1976 because that single was released in February 1976. Anyone have other ideas? Track 14 cuts off and the beginning of track 15 is cut off probably due to tape flip. Sound quality is good.

gigography: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Ramones_concerts#1976

setlist: [from cassette tape]
01. Loudmouth
02. Beat On The Brat
03. Blitzkrieg Bop
04. I Remember You
05. Glad To See You Go
06. Gimme Gimme Shock Treatment
07. 53rd & 3rd
08. I Wanna Be Your Boyfriend
09. Havana Affair
10. Listen To My Heart
11. California Sun
12. Judy Is A Punk
13. I Don't Wanna Walk Around With You
14. Today Your Love, Tomorrow The World [cut]
15. Babysitter  [cut]
16. Commando
17. Oh Oh I Love Her So
18. Let's Dance
19. I Don't Wanna Walk Around With You
20. Today Your Love, Tomorrow the World

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting!

    It's difficult finding the correct release dates of the first 2 singles - different sites have different dates. I found a discography that gave the release date of I Wanna Be Your Boyfriend/California Sun as Feb'76, but it also listed the release date of their first single Blitzkrieg Bop as Feb'76 as well, so I discounted that as BS and looked for another discography. Found one with Blitzkrieg Bop with a June'76 release date and I Wanna Be Your Boyfriend/California Sun as Oct'76. *If* those release dates are correct then the Showplace September 19 would possibly be the correct one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment. I don't think after so many years it will be easy to determine what is correct. I think Joey introduces Boyfriend as a re-release which I take to mean that it was previously released on the album but was then also going to be released as a single.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for this show.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, what a fantastic show posted! As a ramones live show collector this is a real treasure. The old shows are very rare and I want to thank you for taking the time to transfer your old cassettes to didital and make them available. I did some research in my archives and for sure the show in Dover is september 1976. The second single was realeased in October 1976. The b-side of this single are 2 live tracks recorded in August 1976 in LA. I pray you have some more Ramones hidden in your collection and hope you will post them one day. Thx a lot Didi didiramone@telenet.be

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have posted other early Ramones shows. Look around the blog to find them.

      Delete