Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Eddie & The Hot Rods - Peel 1977 + Brighton 1978

Here's the second Peel session the Hot Rods recorded plus an energetic live set by our favorite Pub Punkers playing all the songs we know and love. The session is a radio broadcast and has very good sound quality. The Brighton show is an audience recording with good sound quality.

Peel Session 10-10-77:
01. Life On The Line
02. What's Really Going On
03. Telephone Girl
04. Beginning Of The End

@ Top Rank, Brighton 3-15-78:
01. Money (That's What I Want)
02. Telephone Girl
03. 96 Tears
04. What's Really Going On
05. Quit This Town
06. I Might Be Lying
07. Schoolgirl Love
08. Life On The Line
09. Why Can't It Be
10. The Kids Are Alright
11. Do Anything You Wanna Do
12. Ignore Them
13. Beginning Of The End
14. Get Out Of Denver

4 comments:

  1. Thank you, great to hear the hotrods in action.

    Harry Moonbeam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for these, especially the Peel Session. Do you have the other 3 Peel Sessions and the Richard Skinner (also Radio 1) one?

    If you do, please upload them. Looking forward to hearing the Top Rank gig as I saw them that week (different venue) so it will be great to have a souvineer.

    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't got any other Hot Rods radio sessions. It took me years to track this one down. I'm looking for the others and if I do find them I will post them. I have two other Hot Rods shows from 1984 and 2011 that I will be posting soon. Thanks for your comment.

      Delete
  3. They were the only band,in my opinion, at least in their early days, that could beat
    the feelgoods in terms of energy and speed.If you can find more bbc stuff and early
    live shows 1976-1977 it would be great.Hi from Greece.

    ReplyDelete